4/30/2015

Walking Around in Circles: Pastel Blue, Stripes & A Reflection

Pastel blue blazer, Stripe shirt, Black denim, Toronto style blogger

A few months ago I felt like I had been walking around in circles with certain aspects of my life, and this blog had been one of them. Up until a couple months ago, I was really considering shutting down the blog after 5 years on this space. However, I just could not do it.

 I was not contemplating shutting it down because it was not successful, but I wanted to shut it down because it was becoming bigger than something I could handle myself. I became scared of the success and growth that I wanted to get rid of it before it became something totally out of my control.
Pastel blue blazer, Stripe shirt, Black denim, Toronto style blogger

So, I recently stumbled upon a quote of an unknown author  " I'm learning everyday to allow the space between where I am and where I want to be, to inspire me and not terrify me".  I decided I was going to stop walking around in circles and move forward. I was going to take more risks, put myself out there and grow. 
I've realized that fear can be a very destructive thing in our lives if we let it take over. Don't let your fears prevent you from growing and improving. Unfortunately, growth is essential if you want to progress in anything your doing. 

Now onto the outfit. It's pretty simple and practical for running quick errands. On this particular day I met up with  a friend for a causal lunch and picked up some items at my local organic market. It was an impromptu photo shoot but this wall was too cool not to do it.
Pastel blue blazer, Stripe shirt, Black denim, Toronto style blogger

Pastel blue blazer, Stripe shirt, Black denim, Toronto style blogger
Photos by Clover D
Hoped you enjoyed the post
Until Next time
Sincerely Miss J 

Has your fear ever prevented you from doing something you really wanted to do? What strategies did you use to conquer that fear?
Let me know in the comments below!

Outfit Information: Blazer: Dynamite // Shirt: thrifted // Jeans: thrifted // Shoes: Winner's // Bag: Borrowed Mother's  


Stay Connected 

@smissjblog