10/20/2015

5 Tips for choosing the right workout gear for you

4 Tips for choosing the right workout gear for you, Goty Goty Anaconda Pant, Stretchers running shoes, Toronto Blogger

It's still shocking that these pictures were taken less than 2 weeks ago before my run because of how   cold it is now.
  Ever since starting graduate school back in September, I haven't been my active self due to the workload and stress. So, when I finished in August I made it my mission to slowly transition back to my old active self.

One thing that I desperately needed was a major update to my workout wardrobe. So, I made the effort  to slowly invest in multiple athletic wear pieces. As a result, I learned a lot and gained a few tips.  So, here are 5 tips to help you choose the perfect workout gear for you.

4 Tips for choosing the right workout gear for you, Goty Goty Anaconda Pant, Stretchers running shoes, Toronto blogger  
1. Functionality: One thing I look for is functionality when buying workout clothes. Try buying  workout gear that is versatile and serves your immediate needs. Also, keep in mind how your pieces will transition in various seasons or transition into street wear. I love this Goty Goty high waisted capri pant because it has pockets to store my keys and small items while working out, which is something that is important to me.
2.  Comfort: When buying workout gear make sure you are comfortable and can move freely in it. Avoid fabrics that are rough and hold onto moisture, increasing drying time like cotton.
3. The fit: Workout gear will usually fit tighter than your usual clothing, but should not be too restrictive resulting in lack of  flexibility. It's very important to ensure that they fit you properly and that you feel good in it. 
4. Keep it Appropriate: Try to keep in mind the activities you will be participating in when buying your workout gear and make sure your dressed appropriately for that activity. Ask your self, what will I be doing?

4 Tips for choosing the right workout gear for you, Goty Goty Anaconda Pant, Stretchers running shoes, Toronto blogger
Photos by Clover D
 5.Foot wear: Don't forget to invest in good and appropriate foot wear. For me personally, I prefer runners that are reasonably priced, comfortable, lightweight, and are attractive like these flex sole   running shoes from Skechers

Hoped you enjoyed the tips
Until Next Time,
Sincerely Miss J 

What are some of your tips for buying workout gear, share them below?

Outfit Information: Capri: c/o Goty Goty (here) // Sports Bra: La Senza //  Running Shoes: c/o Skechers (here)

Stay Connected

@smissjblog