10/31/2013

Thrift Thursdays, Happy Halloween

Hello Everyone, 
I 'm back with another edition of thrift Thursdays for all my budget fashionistas out there. If you are one of those individuals that regularly get into the theme of Halloween, you may know how expensive it can be to find that perfect costume. However, it does not have to be that way, if you keep these three words in mind: creativity, vision and confidence.
This year I decided to be a nurse, but with a twist. The average nurse costume on Halloween is usual quite sexy, I went for a different approach, paying tribute to the early pioneers of the profession. No make up, and no glamour. Everything was thrifted or we already had it in our closets. Full credit goes to my little sister for this costume, it's actually hers but I loved the concept. You can also add red dye or paint your face to make the coustume scarier. 
 Please also check out these other ladies, to see how they celebrated halloween on a budget
Being zhenyaMicheNout, & Martyna


Doctors and nurses during WW1- (source)




Outfit Information:
Everything is thrifted except, the boots: Guess
Hat: DIY

@smissjblog