4/02/2018

Breastfeeding Essentials for Nursing Moms

*This post is in partnership with buybuy BABY Babyhood program, however all opinions are my own*

Breastfeeding Essentials for Nursing Moms

These past few months have featured the steepest learning curve I've experienced in my life. The addition of a new baby is exciting and also extremely busy.  For me one of the toughest things to learn at first was the art of breastfeeding. In the beginning, breastfeeding was extremely challenging for both baby and myself but after many struggles, we both eventually got the hang of it.

The most important aspects of breastfeeding are a well balanced diet and adequate hydration. However, the following breastfeeding essentials help make the process of breastfeeding so much easier. These were the basic things I needed but I would say that everyone is different and may need more or less. I realized this because I received tips and opinions from friends and family and everyone seemed to have a slightly different experience.  Everything on this list can be found at 
buybuy BABY.



Nursing bras and nursing tanks: I highly recommend investing in nursing bras and tanks.  They are functional and comfortable! There also make breastfeeding anywhere a breeze. 

Nipple cream: Nipple cream is perfect for those times when the nipples are tender and cracked. It helps to soothe and provides further protection from additional irritation to the nipple. 

Nursing pads: With the new production of milk, please expect leakage and lots of it. These pads keep milk leakage from soaking through my shirt. This product is a must for me and ensures that I don’t embarrass myself while I’m out and about. Can you imagine? 

Nursing cover: A nursing cover comes in handy for nursing in public and when guests come over. This cover also can be used as a fashion scarf, an infant car seat or shopping cart cover.

Nursing pillow: The nursing pillow is one of the most important essentials to me because it helps hold baby in a comfortable position so I can feed. It also prevents strain on my back and neck by preventing me from slouching over. 

Breast pump and accessories: I personally don't use my breast pump a lot right now but I did in the early stages of breastfeeding simply to help with episodes of engorgement. The option of being able to pump and store milk when it is needed is also a great benefit. For a lot of women it comes in handy if they are working and sharing feeding responsibilities with husband and family.    
Hoped you enjoyed the post 
Until Next Time, 
Sincerely Miss J 
 If your a nursing mom what are your breastfeeding essentials? 


Stay connected and follow me on social  media 




Never Miss a Post





@smissjblog